Monday, October 16, 2006

A Little Appreciation (Goes A Long Way)


Things I'm appreciating right now:
  • An email from my sister Fran today
  • Bath and Bodyworks Brown Sugar and Fig lotion
  • A call from my boss about a job opening up in my field within the company
  • Total quiet in the house for the last hour--it relaxes me not to have tv or music on sometimes (I work in a noisy place)
  • Hubby did the dishes this morning before going to work
  • An awesome sale on chicken at the supermarket (69 cents a pound for drumsticks or thighs) and pork spareribs (99 cents a pound)
  • Good hair day
  • Day off tomorrow (except for a couple of meetings)
  • Singing "Help" (by the Beatles) to Erin at work today, because she hates asking for help
  • Josh A. and Stephanie helping me with my schedule
  • Raspberry Lemonade Splash Icebreakers in my pocket
  • Making pumpkin pancakes for Hubby's breakfast tomorrow morning

Why do I make these lists? One, I like lists. Second, I've been sad lately. Dog died on me (old age). Friends having hard times. Husband works opposite hours of me. Co-workers who don't like me. Health problems. No more sunshine today. Life here on earth can really suck sometimes. But God gives me gifts everyday that I miss, so this list helps me keep looking towards Him and hope in Heaven.

"Well, my heart's in the Highlands wherever I roam; That's where I'll be when I get called home. The wind it whispers to the buckeye trees of rhyme: Well, my heart's in the Highlands, I can only get there one step at a time." Bob Dylan, The Highlands

No comments: