Sunday, November 12, 2006
I've been on a pity party for awhile now. It grew into bitterness, which was starting to choke my heart. While at church, our pastor defined repentence as a change of mind and behavior. We were asked to think of something to repent of and write it down. I didn't know where to start. I wrote something down, but I knew that my problem was much deeper than that.
As I thought it over, for a few more minutes, I realized that I had not trusted God. I didn't like how things were turning out and I felt as though God had abandoned me.
In fact, the truth is, He loves me and will never forsake me. No matter what happens in my circumstances, I know it is for my good and He will take the bad and redeem it into something much better than I could imagine, if I would only believe in His character and His kindness.
So, I've decided. To follow. Jesus.
"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." Psalm 84:10
Friday, November 10, 2006
It's been awhile--a lot has been going on at work.
It's time for the thankfulness list
- Bob Dylan concert. I was further away from the stage, but it was a great time just hearing the music and doing something special with my husband. He sang well, and included some songs from "Modern Times".
- Pictures of my new niece, I can't wait to go see her!
- Carpet cleaners coming tomorrow.
- Jerry coming over to help my husband with cleaning the eaves and for dinner.
- Made shrimp and spinach pasta tonight--first time I've cooked for awhile.
- Brown sugar and fig lotion from Bath and Body works.
- Bath and Body Works coupon.
- Note of appreciation from a partner at work.
- James taking some of my hours so I could go home early today.
- The grace of God.