- Hearing from a friend in California--thanks for your emails, Magdalene! Magdalene was attending art school in San Francisco when we left 10 years ago. She has developed a website featuring her work about "beauty out of pain and joy out of suffering". Check it out if you are interested: http://www.magdalenechan.com/
- Getting a phone call from Susan, who used to be in a bible study with Magdalene and me. It was nice to catch up, hoping that we'd be able to visit.
- Emails from Susan in Boulder, CO, who studied Psalms with me before she graduated from Michigan State University.
- After several years of hardship, seeing God answer several prayers for our friends, Bob and Donna here in Lansing.
- Hearing from Noel and Cary--their email was brief, but conveyed the vitality of a couple in their late 70's full of love for people and for God.
- Alicia from our church sending a note to let me know that she noticed last Sunday that I've lost weight! I was really encouraged!
- Shrimp and Avocado salad that I made for dinner last night. Recipe follows.
- My job at the coffee shop. I work with amazing people--even on a rough shift, with water pipes bursting and computer shutting down at the same time (a few weeks ago)--everyone worked hard and helped out. I never take that for granted.
- My boss, Heather, who takes on the challenges of our business on just a few hours of sleep--her baby boy is having slumber troubles.
- Bag of 40 Frozen cooked and shelled shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 2 Avocados, peeled and cut in one inch cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, washed
- half of a small red onion, sliced thinly
- Bag of butter lettuce mix
- half cup mayonnaise (I used the Smart Balance brand)
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- juice of one squeezed lemon
In a medium sized bowl, mix first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and lemon juice. Pour over shrimp and vegetables and toss to coat. Serves 4-6.