Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Day Off


This morning, Dennis and I went to FlapJack's for breakfast. After that, he went to work and I worked out at the "Y". I spent 15 minutes stretching, 15 minutes on the elliptical, 2 minutes on the weight machines (the old guys--the 70 to 80 year old set--kicked me out. I was too slow and holding up the show. They didn't have to say a word, I could tell that they were getting impatient.) and 45 minutes swimming (9 laps breast stroke+ one lap back stroke,+three laps freestyle= a little over a 1/2 mile).


After the gym, I shopped for greeting cards at a bookstore--friends having babies, our engagement anniversary coming up. I found "The Confessions" by Augustine. The first time I read it was in college and I lost interest in it rather quickly. I'm giving it another try, because a lot of things I didn't like when I was college turn out to be my favorite things now. And vice versa.


Then I spent about 5 hours at the library, reading my bible, working on my organizer calender, finding some books and a DVD (The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath--which I read in high school, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya by Ruth A. Tucker, and The Well-Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer, and "Being Julia" featuring Annette Bening)and reading the newspaper and about 6 magazines. I can't start any of these until I finish the books I borrowed from the church library (I Dared to Call Him Father by Bilquis Sheikh, He Gave Us A Valley by Helen Roseveare and A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle).


So many books. I figure that I could pursue my love of reading as long as I find time everyday to move--work out, take a walk, etc... Keep the balance, you know. When I went into the library, the sun was shining and the temp wasn't that bad. When I finally left, the temp had dropped to freezing and it was snowing. It's kind of nice, sort of a cozy at home feeling when it snows in the evening.


I nuked a veggie burger (no bun) and steamed veggies for dinner and called a friend. I turned on American Idol while I'm writing this blog. I can't stand these programs, but can't stay away from the show. It must be Simon Cowell. My favorite singer at this point is Chris Sligh.


Dennis will be coming home in an hour. I'm watching the program "House" our favorite so that I can tell him what happens.


See ya' later.

No comments: