Friday, April 20, 2007

Ambulate


Today has been a restful day. I spent most of my time reading about Teresa of Avila, Hildegard, Catherine of Seina...in a favorite book called "Sacred Legacy". I have a few hours before I go to work, and I am wondering if I should go on a walk. Not just for exercise, but to think and pray.


I love walks. It's a good time to meditate and reveiw my scripture memory verses. It seems like I have a chance to let the things in my heart and mind digest during this time. This summer, I'm thinking about taking up hiking. Perhaps a backpack trip.


My work schedule today and tomorrow promises to be brutal. It's the end of the school year and the students I work with are stressed. When I got to work yesterday, within 5 minutes I had two calls from girls who were sick. Which meant that I had to close without enough help last night. Tonight shall be busy, and I just want to get it over with.


So, I'm not working out today. I will be doing the core training exercise class tomorrow, followed by a swim. I go back to work mid-afternoon until midnight. Sunday after church, I will swim. Dennis has to work through the day into early evening, so I will use the opportunity for extended time with God in the park. Maybe walk.

No comments: