Thursday, April 12, 2007

Motivation


I'm trying to psyche myself to go to the pool today. I haven't gone swimming in a week because of my head cold. I think that I got my head cold because I didn't swim--I haven't been sick for almost a year. But even as I am feeling sick, I still feel great. I've lost that bloated feeling that I used to have before I worked out. I've lost five more pounds since last month. I am pretty proud of that and making my doctor cry for joy a month ago.


I could say all I wanted about how I made several changes in my lifestyle, but she was taking it all in with a grain of salt until the lab results came in. Those numbers actually mean something to her, that I really have changed. That I really do eat fish three times a week, that I really do eat more veggies and whole grains and that I really do exercise consistently.


There is a senior citizen that I chat with from time to time in the pool and in the women's locker room. She lost a lot of weight by going to the pool every day and she does her water aerobics routine. She's 81 years old. She says that I'm doing really well and to keep it up--her positive feedback means a lot to me. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever known.
Next week, I start my fitness classes. I hope I survive--I have five classes.
So, what motivates you?

No comments: