Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dinner #2

Last night, I used leftover pasta and frozen cooked shrimp, but it was pretty much a disaster. Live and learn, I guess. I re-heated the pasta and threw the thawed shrimp on top with a Parmalat container of strained tomatoes and dried basil and minced garlic. It was bland. If I had to do it again, I would have done a quick saute of the shrimp with olive oil and garlic, then added the tomatoes, and it would have been a much tastier result.

I think.

Tonight, we both work, and Dennis has a potluck at work where they asked him to bring a dip, that's all. I didn't know about it until this morning, so Den had to go to the store on the way to work. If I had more time, I would've done one with some avocados I have on top of the counter. My friend, Miriam, showed me how to make a killer guacamole in a blender.

Tonight, I'm making a bean and orzo marinated salad to share with the guys I'm closing with, Dave, Andrew and Mark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's it coming? You inspired me to "eat down" our pantry. You also made me confess my own hoarding of food, toys, clothes, books, craft materials... and to see the freedom of trusting God for His provision.

Are you still working on it?

Holly

Althea said...

Hi Holly!

Yeah, it is pretty convicting, isn't it?

Right now, we are eating at work, so a lot of the cooking I had been planning to do had to slow down. My shopping has slowed down a lot, too. I've been buying less and using it more. What I intended to do was not buy anything at all and just live on what we had, but I missed fresh fruit and vegetables.

I do have more recipes, perhaps I should post those!

In August, Dennis and I are planning to not go out to eat for a month and donating the money we would have spent to a ministry.