Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Progress report


This week I got to see Dr. Vicki and talk about the results of my lab tests. Everything improved--the HDL "good" cholesterol slightly went up, LDL "bad" cholesterol went way down, and the heart sonagram showed a slight rigidity in the left ventrical valve. Not bad for my age, but as a diabetic, it is something important to keep an eye on. The problem that Vicki wants to concentrate on is my blood pressure. It has improved significantly, but she wants the diastolic (resting pressure) reading to drop. It's been in the 70's the last few days (I have a monitor I use at home). I remember in college that my blood pressure was 83 over 55.


I'm going to start cardio classes again in a few weeks. I think it helped. As well as eating a lot more veggies and nuts. And more red wine.


I wish there was like a spiritual check up I could schedule. Like, there would be some kind of lab test that gave me a reading on how I was doing in my soul. Meet with a spiritual health professional who could prescribe some dosage of something or suggest some lifestyle changes that would make a difference.


Jesus is called the "Great Physician" for a reason. I'd rather see Him for a check up than see Him in the emergency room for some preventable spiritual ailment if I had focused on maintainence instead of waiting for the bottom to fall out to do something.

No comments: