Monday, June 18, 2007

Value

What is something worth? What do we use to measure what we treasure?

In this society, the most convenient, is a monetary value.

A popular credit card ad tallies up the cost of each expense and at the end, it concludes with that one word: priceless. In other words, in order to get to that state of happiness or meaning, it took all those purchases to acheive it. It's so typically human. But there must be something else.

My quiet times for the rest of this month will be following "31 Days With Christ" by J. O. Sanders. My heart is yearning for the truth of what God treasures, what He stamps with His approval, what He evaluates with that one word statement of "priceless" and what He uses to make that evaluation.

And will I share what I discover with you? I don't know. Some things just can't be blogged. I decided to discontinue my site meter because I can't be distracted by who shows up to be my audience and who doesn't. I really only have one audience. Not just for this blog, but in every area of my life.

No comments: