Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Review of A Review

Way up here in Michigan at my little Starbucks by the freeway, I meet a lot of people from all over. I had the pleasure a few months ago of talking with a lady from Austin, TX about the Austin City Limits Music Festival. She was surprised that someone from the middle of Michigan knew anything about it. Actually, I read about it while researching Dylan tour dates and I was thinking of going to see the Bob Dylan Band perform there. Just to travel on my own for a day and a half, to remind myself that I am a grown up woman. After looking at the facts, I realized that I didn't want to go all the way to Texas in the middle of the heat for a Dylan show. Especially when he comes through Michigan at least twice a year. My coming of middle ages trip will have to wait for another time and another place.

But I read reveiws, and I especially liked this review about the show. Occasionally, Bob will pull out an old hymn, like "Rock of Ages" or gospel song of his own writing, like "I Shall Be Released" out of the blue. This particular reveiwer shares the way that this surprise had an effect on him.

No comments: