- The average person walks about 100 steps a minute.
- 2,000 steps equals 1 mile.
- A brisk 15-minute walk burns 100 calories.
- A study in the Journal of Clinical Oncology showed scientists that women who used pedometers for 12 weeks increased their activity three times as much as non-users.
- Women are 59 percent more likely than men to use a pedometer.
- College grads are four times as likely as non-college grads to use one.
So, Target had a Sportline ThinQ pedometer on sale for $15 and I bought one. It's the same size as a credit card and really thin.
I hope this is news you can use.