Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Favorite Food

I love my job.
I talk about coffee all day with coffee drinkers. I make coffee all day. I participate in a business that focuses on people, as well as their experience with coffee.

Today was an amazing day. It's been an amazing Christmas season for our store, retail-wise. And the reason I find it satisfying is because we've had such good relationships with our customers that they would rather shop with us for the holidays than go to the mall. They just chose us based on great service they recieved every day. It didn't happen overnight.

And I try to remember this applies to being a Christian, about being fruitful, in anything. We obey, just doing the basics everyday, being "steadfast, immovable, abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that our toil [work] is not in vain in the Lord". That was my quiet time this morning, God encouraging me not to give up. In my job. In my life. In my Christianity. It's not in vain...in the Lord.

Happy Christmas!
Wow. It's here already. We've been slammed. And when not slammed, I've been wiped out. But tomorrow I have off (yippeee!!) and Christmas as well. Big huge sigh. I made it...

So as we celebrate, it is such a good picture of Wisdom's table, where she says in Proverbs:

"She has prepared her food, she has mixed her wine;
She has also set her table;
She has sent out her maidens, she calls
From the tops of the heights of the city:
'Whoever is naive, let him turn in here!'
To him who lacks understanding, she says,
'Come, eat of my food,
And drink of the wine I have mixed.
'Forsake your folly and live,
And proceed in the way of understanding'"

May we come to the Wisdom of the Incarnation--of God becoming a man to become the sacrificial Lamb for us--and feast on her food and wine, forsaking our foolishness and heading down the road of really comprehending life.

No comments: