Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Postcards from the Edge

I really like postcards a lot, I'm not sure why. They're small, have interesting stamps and postmarks, and brief messages. It's like the place is consolidated efficiently in one piece of paper, a pretty picture of the sights on one side and a slice of the sender's experience on the other. I have a postcard I recieved from Weight Watchers after I signed up. That postcard is my favorite one of all. No picture, but a greeting instead, "WELCOME! You've made a step in the right direction." with a personal handwritten (!) note on the other side from the staff. I have it on a photo clip next to our computer, to remind me that I'm going in the right direction with WW and to encourage me to keep it up.

Speaking of that, time to go to the gym.

No comments: