Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stretching

The last few days have been chaotic with Dennis working extra hours, preparing for ESL on Tuesday nights, getting back involved with the international fellowship at church and my weird work hours. We cooked this weekend, making chili, curried vegetables, corn bread, spinach dip--our refridgerator is packed full. I'm making tabbouleh salad to share at work tonight. We're planning to have a little potluck. But tomorrow I'll have off, with a yoga class. Saturday, we're having an ESL social. I love everything I'm doing, it feels great to get into circulation with people, being more social and relational. Like, having my muscles stretched during yoga, my heart is stretching to people.

"I shall run the way of Thy commandments, For Thou wilt enlarge my heart." Psalm 119:32

How can I run in obedience? How does God enlarge my heart? I know that I will never see perfect obedience and a large enough heart in my lifetime, but I will always long for these things. My prayer is that I will always be aware of this longing that the Holy Spirit has put within my soul. And when I finally reach Home to be with Him, I know that longing will be fullfilled.

No comments: