Friday, February 15, 2008

Dealing With It

Yesterday, I wasn't feeling very good. It was a sick to my stomach feeling, perhaps a reaction to a salad that had more cheese (henceforth, fat) than I'm used to eating in a meal. I made a cucumber, tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil plus olive oil salad for lunch that was crazy delicious, Dennis and I kept picking at it long after we finished what was on our plates (I counted each ounce of cheese on it, but forgot to count the morsels that I ate afterwards) and were just talking at the table. Note to self: pack away the food into the fridge or leave it in the kitchen after I fill my plate and head to the dining table. Do not put the food on the table for seconds. Or thirds.

A chain reaction started. I felt bad so I didn't swim and go to my scheduled yoga class. After taking pepto bismal that Hubby was so kind to go to the drugstore to get for me, I felt really hungry, so we ordered takeout pizza instead of the nice seafood healthy pasta I had planned to make for Valentine's. I ate four large pieces while watching a DVD with Hubby. Wayyy more food than I usually eat these days, except for Donna's great Mexican rice dish a few days ago.

And this morning, I woke up feeling even worse--tired, bloated, and slightly irritable as I added up all the food I ate online to discover not only had I exceeded my daily allotment but my weekly allotment of extra points as well. For the next three days, I really have to make sure I stay within my boundaries. Well within.

The good news is that I ate healthy so far today. And I practiced yoga for a half hour after I got up. And as of right now, I'm going to go swim.

Bye... more later.

No comments: