Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring Sprung


Spring is finally here. No snow to be seen anywhere. The temp outside got up past 70 degrees. The sun was shining. We ate lunch on our deck.


I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact that winter is over. I'm used to seeing snowfall at least once a week. It's like someone flipped a switch and we're moving on to the next season, like it or not.


I'm dragging my feet, though. I see the yardwork that needs to get done. No more staying indoors looking at the yard through the window. I'm gonna have to be out there, moving that rake, digging in that garden, cleaning that deck. Helping to put up that fence.


But we've got a lot to look forward to. Pretty flowers. Meals outdoors. Biking. Walking in the park. Sunglasses. No heavy coats. No boots. Sandals.


Sandals? What are those? I can't remember. I'm sure it will come back to me.



No comments: