Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thea's Ideas

It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm still up. I didn't work, so I don't have that as a reason. I think that I do have a lot on my mind. Not so much worrying, but wondering.

Because there are many things going on in my head, I could write all night. Thought provoking blogs for sure. But I won't. It's hard to restrain myself from launching into an idea or a truth or a question or a story or just simply a reflection. I'm like a bird that just wants to take flight, on the edge of a tree limb.

Nothing gets me into that kind of state like a good day, and an evening of remembering it. So much to tell you. But I won't. I blog often because I'm afraid that my unprocessed contemplations will evaporate in the middle of the night, and when morning comes, I will have forgotten everything that has held my attention the day before. But I've decided to trust instead of fear. I trust that yesterday's accumulated observations and ruminations will still be there tomorrow. That they will not diminish despite the lack of freshness but actually age like fine wine.

Good night. I'm off to ferment.

No comments: