Monday, September 08, 2008

It's Such A Pain

Right now I can't sleep because of back pain. I strained a muscle this morning while giving a testimony, it was so bad I couldn't breathe. It was a combination of tension and an extraordinarily heavy purse (I've been trying to not carry so much, but I've been busy and the purse kept accumulating more crap).

I have some kidney problems, so taking painkillers is out of the question. I have to live with this for awhile. I've taken two hot showers and that has helped, but that's temporary. And no matter what I do, I can't get comfortable to sleep. Deep breathing and sitting still also helps, but it makes me drowsy.

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten test results from my last GFR and creatinine lab. It's been over a week. Usually, I get phone calls and letters if there's bad news within a few days. So I'm going to call tomorrow morning.

Worst case scenario, I have lactic acidosis. Its symptoms include muscle pain and fatigue. No happy thoughts here.

No comments: