Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's Only Blogging

I visited some blogs of late that left me wondering "Why didn't I think of that?" or "Wow,she really is organized." or "That was pretty deep. I am not that brave to blog with vulnerability like hers." or "Yikes, need to develop a better vocabulary." To top that off, I have esteem issues with my writing skills. Never good enough.

Which is crazy, since blogs are by no means literature. All the blogs I've read follow only one rule, which is "Do not bore your readers." I confess, I've been breaking that rule more consistently than I care to think about. When I start writing about the antics of my dog and cats, it's pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm not listening to much Dylan lately because of lots of Christmas music, so no inspired posts about my favorite muse. BTW thank you to "Dylan Devotional", for adding some of my posts about how Dylan's gospel music influenced my walk with Christ, and thank you, Dylan Devotional readers for your visits.

Truth is, I am always deep in thought, but not everything is bloggable. I may be thinking of some things worthwhile to blog, yet may not have the time to blog it. Life for me does not revolve around my computer. Yet, I do desire to write more engaging and thoughtful posts, and yes, develop better grammar and vocabulary. If you have ideas or feedback, please email them at thealater2@comcast.net. Thank you, readers, whoever you are, for following my 2008 blog and hope that 2009 would be even better. I hear from some of you from time to time which is great. Some of you I know, and some of you I don't, but thanks for your encouragement and participation!

Onward...

No comments: