Monday, March 09, 2009

Library, Chapter 3










I was browsing around Target and ran across a copy of Domino's Book of Decorating. I liked it because it was different, modern and had a lot of real design information. Also, it didn't take long to see that the eclectic style included using old stuff along with the new. I've been doing that for years, making my garage sale furniture work and blend in a room. My book budget, however, has already been tapped out for a while. I couldn't afford to buy it. And coming to Target to read the book wasn't realistic.


A week or so ago, while looking over recent returns at the local library, I ran across the decorating book again. I can read it for free. I also found two novels I've been wanting to read for months, also available free of charge. As long as I take it back on time. How cool is that?

I also checked out a couple of other non fiction titles. One about world travel "Around the World in 80 Dinners", another about music and one really informative and interesting book about grammar. My library card has saved me hundreds of dollars. What a deal.




No comments: