Monday, June 15, 2009

Hebrews 11:6

There has been a number that rolls around my head--it's been rolling all year long. Forty-seven. I'm turning 47 in a few days. I don't keep track so much of my age--in my 30's I had to stop and count it out because I literally forgot (I was content with 30-something). But into my 40's, every year makes a difference to me. And now I'm closer to 50, I can almost smell it.

That's half a century.

So what does almost 47 feel like? It feels so amazing that I am at a loss for words. I spend time with younger friends and I am aware that I am different than them but it is hard to define in what way. I always share stories about my past with them, but now I'm in awe with those stories. I am an ordinary woman, but through all the joys and sorrows that life brings, I know some things. Having experiences is one thing, but not everyone contemplates them. And those who do don't always articulate them.

In the past when I gave my narrative, it was as though I was talking about someone else. But now I actually own my history. And God has been with me every step of the way--He is good.
And He is real. He is the Creator of me and the Author of my faith as well as my story.

That's what I know.

No comments: