Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fear Not


I am learning that there are times that nothing makes sense to me, and when I need something to be logical the most, it might not be there. I have to trust that it's okay to let it go for the moment, even if it seems important right then.


I had that kind of day today. I don't know what is in other people's minds or why they think the way that they do, and I may never know. But I'm not responsible for them or what they are thinking. It's not my job to know. Even if it someone who is in authority over me, and whose decisions make or break my day or my life. Sometimes, I don't have the control in that department, but then neither is it my responsibility then either.


However, I did find out something really spectacular in the meantime. That God does work on behalf of the powerless. He does hear the cry of the oppressed, even if it is for a moment of oppression. It was a pretty neat way that He revealed that to me, bringing the reality of His just character to my awareness. And I can trust in Him to ultimately right the wrongs if not in this life, but in the next, where we all give an account for what we were responsible for. His word is true.


"Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand..." Isaiah 41:10


And what specifically happened is my own private story, but I tell you, it is one I will treasure forever. I invited the Lord into a particular area of my life that I often leave Him out of. And it made a difference in a mighty way not in my circumstances or the cards that have been dealt to me, but in the most significant way possible: my heart.




No comments: