Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Time to Take a Break


I finished a stretch of work days, including Sunday, in a row. I woke up this morning with a head cold. I needed a day of rest. And today was that day. Right now, the Christmas tree lights are on as the winter's day darkens early. I don't regret my decision at all, except that I have a lot of stuff to do and people to see. It's Erin's birthday and two young women from India want to learn how to bake Christmas cookies (and I want to learn their delectible cuisine as well). Oh yeah, and all those Christmas things that are currently not marked off my list yet.


Charlie Brown's Christmas CD just finished and Yo-yo Ma and his friends are currently on the player with mellow holiday music. Dennis is making chicken stir-fry for dinner (he learned how a few months ago) and I'm looking pretty chic with my hair still sticking straight up from a bad case of bed head. It goes well with my comfy attire--grey cotton pants, black tank top with a black v-neck sweater over it and fluffy baby blue slippers. They didn't have pink in my size at Meijers. But blue will do.


Dennis had a second interview today for a job that we both are pretty excited about. And it sounds like they are excited about him. I guess we can officially say that Dennis will be working at the YMCA (and getting free membership at the gym!! ). In February at the latest, we may be hearing back about another opportunity that might involve us with international students on a deeper level. This would be a step of faith for both of us, as it would mean raising support for awhile.


As for me, I'm feeling better already.
"...for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content..." Philipppians 4:11












No comments: