Sunday, December 29, 2013

Oregon Coast


There are times I wish I didn't live in my head so much.  Like, when I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. Beauty all around me and although I appreciated it, I don't think it really sunk in.  There are people who are a lot more connected to their surroundings than I am, and it affects them more than it affects me.  When I am in the company of someone like that, who are touched emotionally by what they see, I wonder what I'm missing. Do I really know what it is that I'm beholding?

Which worries me when I travel.  I'm planning a few trips in 2014, and I'm afraid that I will be there but not really be there. It's happened to me before.  And it is really hard to describe.  So, in preparation, I'm reading about the history of the places I will visit--it's a lot to take in.  I have to work to be "present" it seems.

Spiritually, there are dangers like this.  We look but don't really see.  We hear but don't really listen.  Jesus appeared, He dwelt among us and we didn't even notice.  He created all things that ever existed, and He became one of us and we didn't comprehend. 

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another.  For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18
I need God to open my eyes so that I can really see Him and open my ears so that I will listen to His voice, and open my heart that I would take in His truth.  I want to experience His glory and be more like him, one small degree after another.

I don't want to miss out on a thing.



"

No comments: