Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Hello Again

I've decided to blog again. 

I run across an article or read a book or talk with a friend, and think that maybe I have more to say or to explore than just a Facebook post.  Which takes five seconds, max.  I can do thousands of those in a month.  It's nice seeing quick feedback through likes or comments.  And so different than a lengthy blog that could take some time and work but never get much attention at all. 

But I'm thinking that obscurity might be a good thing.  And writing just for the pleasure of writing is also a good thing, if you can call blogging actually writing.  And Facebook, despite the sheer convenience of it, is failing to satisfy.  I don't know what I'm really looking for there.

For me, blogging is a way to process my thoughts in a different way than journaling.  My personal journals (real journals, with ink pen and paper)  hold a lot more of the feelings, but this blog is more about my mind. The journals hold a lot more meaning to me than this blog.  I re-read some of the old entries on this blog, and find that I no longer care so much about them.  Perhaps because they seem trivial compared to what I'm currently thinking about. Or I've overworked those thoughts that now I find them boring. But the journals I treasure. 

This time around, I would like to spend more time going in depth about things I'm learning about the Gospel and about ministry.  I will probably be theological, even.  I don't think I really had much depth in this blog for all the years I've posted entries here.  Which is why my journals, which are based on my devotional times and bible study and prayers, are much more meaningful to me. 

So long, superficiality.  We are getting real here.






No comments: